Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hogsback part 1


Hogsback: quaint, quirky, slightly crazy.  

Apparently the humans named this village after a
nearby peak which resembles a hog’s back. 
I don’t see it (like I said; crazy).

It is beautiful here and there is so much to do. 
You can cycle, hike and splash under waterfalls.

My humans did none of these.

Instead of keeping me entertained, they sat around 
a fireplace at Starways Art Centre, went to Butterfly
Bistro for pizza and partied at Away with the Fairies 
(leaving me to guard the cabin and car).

They did however take me to a labyrinth at The Edge.  
It was the strangest sight: the humans would stick to a 
narrow cement path and stroll around quietly.

I, on the other hand, ignored the path and broke the 
silence with my glorious voice. 

The Adventure

Place: Hogsback, Eastern Cape.

Maplink

Activities:

- Me:  Running, barking at monkeys, swimming, 
  chilling by the fireplace.
- Humans: Hiking, cycling, swimming, 
  chatting to eccentric locals, looking at artsy stuff,
  making the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment