Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Grahamstown blaze


Hot dang, this was a wild day!

It started around 10:00 on a Thursday morning, 17 July to be exact. 

The humans went to inspect some smoke wafting from PJOlivier High School, which is close to our house.

I was pleased that they invited me along. Any outing is good, even when it leads to a scorching blaze.

Although it seemed under control, the fire was making its way to the koppie behind our house (I like the word koppie).

I have never seen the humans in such a frenzy.  It was like a hysterical game of throw and fetch; but with buckets. And water.

They tried really hard to keep me inside the house, but I was too quick for them. Instead of staying out of the way, I resolved to insistent barking and pointless running.

It was fun. 

The Adventure 

Place: Grahamstown, Eastern Cape.

Map:link

Activities:
  • Me:  Running, barking, being in the way.
  • Humans: Freaking out, shouting, fire fighting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment