Friday 24 July 2015

Hogsback part 2

Roughly a year after our first Hogsback trip, the humans finally decided to return to the quirky town in the Amatola Mountains.

A year. It took them a whole year to realise how much I desperately need to look at pine trees, smell pine trees and pee on pine trees. Lazy if you ask me.

On a higher note, I now own a lot of pine trees; and this time we didn't just stay in the cabin and drink red wine. Well, at least not only that.

We did The Bluff Scenic Walk at The Edge Mountain Retreat, which is situated at - wait for it - the edge of the mountain. 

As always, the tiny human's voice screeched to ultrasonic levels as I approached the cliff. This also happened on the hike to the top of Kettlespout falls.

We explored gravel roads to Cathcart and, on the way, I barked at some sheep in Happy Valley. This made me happy.







There isn't much in Cathcart, but if you are into antiques, you might want to stop at The Art Bus. My humans are rather thrifty; they even bought me second-hand.

At the end of the day, we all huddled around a venison stew simmering on the wood stove; aromas of smoke, meat and red wine filling the cabin.

I had dog pellets for dinner.   


The Adventure

Place: Hogsback, Eastern Cape.

Maplink

Activities:

- Me: Claiming pine trees, running, swimming, barking at sheep, guarding the     Starways cabin (from chickens and Samango monkeys) and begging for           venison stew. 

- Humans: Hiking, cycling, drinking red wine, chasing away Samango monkeys   and cooking the stew.


No comments:

Post a Comment